Working from home is a topic that has been in the news. Top benefits of working from home.
For companies :
- Using the time normally allotted to commute to get work done
- Starting early and working late into the night
- More focus and less interruptions during the work day
For Employees :
- No commute
- Being home to send-off kids, receive them
- Working when the kids go to sleep
- Easier for calls across multiple time zones
- Being on the phone is not always the same as being in the room and you cannot understand the nuances of the conversation
- You eat a lot more instant noodles as you realize that the time has gone so fast and your colleagues could not stop by your cube and invite you to lunch
- You keep working till your spouse tells you to stop and it's already dinnertime
- You miss the water cooler conversations
- Unless you install a web cam and have people stop and tell you things you miss out on the "corridor conversations"
- Out of the loop on gossip
What are your views on working from home?