I got tagged for "Eight Things You Didn't Know About Me" Meme by Geoff Livingston . It is interesting to read the other posts about Crazy Eight for '08 Meme. I blame Geoff for making me spill the beans!
1. I was born in India . I went back to my ancestral village this year to connect with my roots again.
In school and college I edited the student magazine and organized festivals.
3. I used to be a chef in my previous life.I wrote recipe columns for several newspapers.I was featured several times on a radio show Radio Maximum "Moscow in the Morning " Chef's corner hosted by Cami McCormick one of the first English-language radio hosts. ( Very few have seen this picture previously:) )
Cami works for CBS in New York now and is currently reporting from Pakistan on assignment. My dream is to one day start a company for culinary tours and write a book Anthony Bourdain style :). I write a Restaurant review blog occasionally.
4. I consider myself a Network Solutions success story starting at ground level taking tech support phone calls and moving up the ladder to Product Development and Marketing. I think my enthusiasm to learn new things has paid me a lot of dividends. I love meeting people and I am thrilled with my new gig.
5. I love playing soccer and played the game till college. I wish I had more time for sports.
6. My First car was a Toyota Corolla FX - a hatchback and I loved the car. My first motorized vehicle was a Honda Motorcycle.
7. My favorite city is Stockholm, Sweden and have been there 3 times. Its a nice place and would love to visit it again.
8. One of the books that was a great influence on me earlier in life was "How to win friends and influence people - Dale Carnegie."
Update : I thought I would include the rules for this Meme that I saw on Ontario Emperor's Blog on the same subject:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. List EIGHT random facts about yourself.
3. Tag EIGHT people at the end of your post and list their names.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged.