Lyell Petersen is a good friend. I met him on Twitter and met him FtoF when I went to Charlotte for the Network Solutions Small Business Networking event with Guy Kawasaki. he celebrated his 6000 tweet with some good tips on using twitter.
- Have Fun. If you think Twitter Is Serious Business take a step back and relax. If you're not having fun you're doing Twitter wrong.
- Go To A Tweetup. Get out of the zeroes and ones and make a real connection with people. Organize one impromptu. Live-tweet it.
- Help Ever Hurt Never. Make connections for others freely. Defend your opinion but respect those of others. You learn more this way.
- Remember Your Manners. "Please" and "Thank You" go a long way when you are asking someone to make you better than you are now.
- Share In Equal Measure As You Take. Twitter is so much better when you contribute something too. That's why I'm following you.
- Stop Posting Your Twitter Grade. Your real value to Twitter is reflected by your contributions here, and your followers prove it.