Monday, June 27, 2011
This video is from Affiliate Summit West 2009, which took place January 11-13, 2009 in Las Vegas, NV.
This session will explore the potential risks in using social networking and user-generated content for marketing campaigns, and will give practical suggestions to help marketers campaigns succeed.
- Gary Kibel, Partner, Davis & Gilbert LLP (Moderator)
- Shashi Bellamkonda, Social Media Swami, Network Solutions
- Mike Kowal, Managing Director, Advertiser Services, LinkShare
- Jivan Manhas, President, Advaliant, a Division of MediaTrust
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
geek speeding at #rww2way with @lockerproject
Pixable at speed geeking at #rww2web
most popular photos inbyour social network pixable
speed geeking Ian Brown of @mashery at #rww2way
#rww2way soup.me at speed geeking
peoplehunt at #rww2way details http://crowdscanner.com/rww
make the world your study group
#rww2way Spoton app details getspoton.com
get a four petal rating and friends recommended places
Monday, June 13, 2011
Alex Reinert @areinert and Dan Patterson @danpatterson at #rww2way
Danah Boyd @zephoria at @rww #rww2way
Jason Calacanis (@jason) and Abraham Hyatt @abrahamhyatt) at #rww2way
Wednesday, June 08, 2011
Must do list :
- PARTY : RSVP to the .CO IWNY Mixer Under the Bulb" on Thursday 9th June 7 to 10 p.m . RSVP : http://bulbys.eventbrite.com [ Party celebrates the launch of www.bulbys.co
- Exclusive #iwny discount for getting a .CO domain name - Enter Discount Code NYC1199CO at the end of the shopping cart at http://networksolutions.co
Shashi Notes from #IWNY
- Meebo was interesting. They have evolved and now provide a great tool for publishers to welcome their visitors. Check them out at meebo.com/new. Check out my food site http://carryoncurry.com on the Meebo wall in the picture above
- Yahoo had a big presence and as you enter the show you can have your picture taken and get a free pie from the food truck parked outside. I must have been the only person who wanted to take a pic of the picture takers ;)
- Was awesome to meet my friend Steve Hall of Adrants.com
- Social Vending Machine from Pepsi - I did not try this but it seems like you can send a drink to a friend using this machine.
Ford had a Focus Hunt using QR codes
Neil is the founder of LoadOut and has assembled a team of 20 young people representing four countries who are passionate about advancing technology within the global agricultural sector to help facilitate greater efficiencies and improve the way people produce food. Besides working to pioneer LoadOut's solutions, you can find Neil laboring on his family’s farm in Central Indiana (possibly driving a semi-truck). Neil generally dedicates a full day’s work on the family farm: starting from the ground up doing the hard work like many other young farmers across the country.
In his spare time Neil enjoys striving to encourage international agricultural collaboration between businesses, universities, and citizens. When time permits, he invites foreign students, businesses, and educators from across the globe out to the farm for dinner and neutral discussion in an attempt to bring people together in ways that normally would not be possible.
See more pictures here http://goo.gl/bZQer
Tuesday, June 07, 2011
I pledged to support the "Blue Key Campaign" which the United States Association for UNHCR (USA for UNHCR) launched to channel the energy of individual citizens to speak out for refugees. "No one chooses to be a refugee" words of Antonio Guterres, the UN High Commissioner for Refugees. These folks are forcibly displaced from their homes and very often struggle for bare necessities of life. Everyone's support is necessary for providing a lasting solution to this refugee crisis.Read stories that will bring tears to your eyes http://www.thebluekey.org/book/index.php and you will realize how lucky you are not to face these hardshipsDo this now
- Donate $5 and show your support with a Blue Key pin or pendant.
- Wear your Blue Key to show your support
- Reachout and spread the word on Facebook or on Twitter using the #bluekey hashtag.
Other awesome folks who are supporting this by blogging about it:
- Ann Bevans: http://blog.annbevans.com/2011/05/11/fatimas-story/
- Beth Kanter: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504943_162-20061849-10391715.html?tag=contentMain%3BcontentBody
- Kellye Crane: http://soloprpro.com/challenges-beyond-our-own/
- Tinu Abayomi Paul: http://asktinu.com/how-you-and-a-small-bluekey-will-change-the-world.php
- Matt LaCasse: http://mattlacasse.wordpress.com/2011/05/16/blue-key-campaign-the-forgotten-homeless/
- Gini Dietrich: http://www.spinsucks.com/social-media/get-your-blue-key-in-support-of-world-refugee-day/
- Kami Huyse: http://overtonecomm.blogspot.com/2011/05/simple-bluekey-can-change-lives-of.html
- Maddie Grant: http://www.socialfish.org/2011/05/get-your-blue-key.html
- Geoff Livingston: http://geoffliving.posterous.com/get-a-blue-key-today-help-refugees
- Wendy Islett: http://spinneasgauge.blogspot.com/2011/05/key-to-making-difference.html
- Mark Story http://www.intersectionofonlineandoffline.com/the-blue-key-campaign-cynicism-and-me/
- Erica Allison: http://www.allisondevelopmentgroup.com/blog/2011/05/grab-your-blue-key/
- Jon Newman: http://jonnewman12.wordpress.com/2011/05/26/the-lost-boys-and-blue-keys/
- Harrison Kratz: http://engagetv.tumblr.com/post/5904867820/harrison-interviews-shonali-burke-shonali-about
- Sonja Whipp.: http://sjwhipp.com/2011/05/31/support-refugees-worldwide-get-a-blue-key/
- Ken Mueller: http://inklingmedia.net/2011/06/03/blue-keys-and-refugees-a-blog-post-about-something/
- Jill Foster: http://liveyourtalk.com/2011/06/learning-about-refugees-motivated-this-question-is-your-home-worth-5/
Among all the things that you can do with your iPad, here is one app that can likely help you try acupressure. The app is called AcuPressure Doctor for iPad ( also available on an iPhone and android) and is created by a friend of mine Shiv Verma.
Shiv tells me that his app is now top app in the medical category of the iPad app store. The app that costs 99 cents and hope you have fun if you decide to try it. Let me know what you think . I have it on my android and will be trying at home today.
Friday, June 03, 2011
The Need for Civil Digital Discourse: A conversation with Jimmy Wales, founder of Wikipedia and Andrea Weckerle, founder of CiviliNation
Upholding the Core Ideals of Democracy and Freedom of Speech: The Need for Civil Digital Discourse
Monday,June 13, 2011 6:00 p.m.
Copley Formal Lounge
Georgetown University , 37th and O Streets, NW
Washington, DC 20007
Open to Public through RSVP at The Georgetown School of Continuing Studies
In a 60 Minutes interview that aired on April 17, 2023, Google CEO Sundar Pichai warned that artificial intelligence (AI) is advancing rapid...
What an odd Norwegian show & quiet eating teaches us about consumers?
More than a decade ago I arrived at a new job at Network Solutions that involved talking to customers and reported to a wonderful supe...