This month I am missing out on some great events. I really regret this one. Shel Israel Author of Twitterville , Jane Quigley and Beth Kanter another good friend will be in town for the final Blog Potomac and I will be in Camden Maine probably saying “Wicked Cool”. No reason for you folks not to take in some blogging action at the State Theatre on OCt 23rd. Here is a message from my good friend Geoff Livingston.
I wanted to let you know about our happy hour for the Final BlogPotomac next Thursday at BusBoys and Poets Capitol Hill location. The free event will feature our keynotes as well as free hor’s d ouvres, compliments of Nova Label Co, Inc. Please join us (http://finalbphappyhour.eventbrite.com/)!
Also, we still have about 30 seats left for next Friday’s event on October 23. It’s a much more future focused than both of the prior BlogPotomacs. Just to recap:
Our first keynote Beth Kanter, the top-ranked changeblogger, will discuss how nonprofits are using online media to innovate and affect change. Renowned social media chronicler Shel Israel will keynote and discuss his book Twitterville , including the future of the red hot social network. Everyone will get a copy of his book.
Additional sessions include:
- iMangi Studios Natalia Luckyanova discusses mobile phone applications.
- Shane Lennon, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Product Management at GyPSii®, will discuss location-based mobile social networking.
- crayonista and ace strategist Jane Quigley will discuss future Internet media forms, such as the semantic web and other new forms she’s watching.
- FortiusOne CEO Sean Gorman will talk about the impact location based technologies and mapping are making on the web.
- Ning’s Peter Slutsky (http://twitter.com/pslutsky) will discuss the evolution and future of niche social networks and communities.
This will be the final BlogPotomac, so don’t miss out on the opportunity to participate in one of DC’s always popular social media events. Register here: http://finalblogpotomac.eventbrite.com/