Coworking for the Bio-Curious by Emergent Research @smallbizlabs
The criteria for the co-working study by my friend Steve King of Emergent Research is :
1. the facility self-identifies as providing coworking space or language very close to this;
2. it offers a range of membership options (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) and facilities consistent with traditional coworking spaces;
3. it offers some form of community space and/or activities that encourage community;
4. coworking appears to be a important part of the facility offering;
5. the facility is actively in use.
I increasing hear of more people using coworking spaces .Do you ?
We laughingly use "non-traditional" and "traditional" because the coworking movement has only been around for 5-6 years. But the concepts - shared space, targeted at independent workers and small businesses, an emphasis on community and networking - are being picked up in a variety of fields and shared facilities.
One of the more interesting things we've found during our current coworking study is the growing number of "non-traditional" coworking spaces.Read more at www.smallbizlabs.com