How I remember this Decade 2000- 2010
- The Y2k bug fizzled out but the Great Indian Software Migration continued. I am glad my car did not stop working midnight of 01/01/00 .
- Got firmly established in the tech world from being a chef and a hospitality executive in previous decades. A career change is challenging too and you can do it if you are determined.
- My son was born in this decade and my daughter became a college student ( same wife ;) ) of course with Montessori fees and college it seems like I am paying two college fees ;)
- During this decade I started blogging first for friends and family and now it's a professional necessity.
- Blogs: http://www.carryoncurry.com | http://www.shashi.name | What I am reading: http://shashib.amplify.com | My Digital Thoughts : http://readythoughts.com | Washington DC Area news http://washtax.us
- Became a proud house owner and this is the decade of mandatory trips to Home Depot every so often.
- I did a lot of traveling. The destination of the decade is Machu Picchu
- Slide show of Machu Picchuhttp://cli.gs/P45QY
- You can find all pictures herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/drbeachvacation/
- Some videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/shashibellamkonda
- Other destinations Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, Bentota beach Sri Lanka, San Juan Puerto Rico and London
- Thanks everyone at tripadvisor.com for sharing your experience
- Making more friends online and offline and having the opportunity to meet many online friends offline as well.
- Speaking in public a joiurney that started with taking a empty slot at Podcamp DC and then went on to SXSW, Affiliate Summit, Web Visions and many others including the recent Digital East and Affcon 2010 Miami.
- Making my way into books : Honored to be mentioned in Tamar Wienberg's New Community Rules, participating in Shel Israel's Twitterville launch, writing a chapter for the Big Book of Social Media Case Studies , Writing the foreword for Beth Schillaci's Your Social Media Roadmap and a chapter for the forthcoming book Dancing with Digital Natives: Staying in Step with the Generation That's Transforming the Way Business Is Done by Michelle Manafy and Heidi Gautschi
- Community events : It was very exciting to participate in community events specially the ones where you took away a lot of learning or contributed to a cause. I even participated in a SMCDC Iron Chef style cooking competition ;)
How did you do this decade ? What do you remember this decade for ?
Advertising Links :
Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology
The Social Network [Blu-ray]