I am very fascinated by LinkRedirector. It is a startup that lets you redirect a short url to a different destination based on some parameters that you can set.
- You want returning visitors to go to a different page than a new visitor. Maybe even a page that adds " Welcome Back" .
- Use it to direct people who come from different operating systeme differently. Maybe iOS users can go directly to a app download page.
- My test scenario http://lrd.to/shashi
- Campaign Changes
- You could run a campaign and then once that is over change the URL and wont need a lot of web server help
- Good Analytics
- I have not used them yet but LinkRedirector has a capability to add Campaign Names, tags
- Custom URLS
- Right now you use lrd.to and then you can customize the subsequent url like I did.
- They may have plans for you to use your own url
- I am not clear about the pricing and it may have been in an email from LinkRedirector but they have a free and a premium model.
Early impression is very good. At the time of writing in 44 minutes i got 143 redirections when I shared the link http://lrd.to/shashi on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Check out LinkRedirector for sure