Google is the World's Biggest Social Network!
Google Plus may be dead but Google is fast becoming the world's largest social Network. Here are the reasons why:
1) Commenting on Google Search: For a long time you could add your reviews/comments for Google search results like Movie and TV Show reviews. Now Google announced that you can start adding comments on Google Search results.
Google says that "You can leave comments on things you’ve searched for on Google, like a sports game. You can also read and rate comments left by others."
2) Google Maps becomes Social: You can now follow and even send a message from Google Maps to a business.
Once you a follow a business on Google Maps, the business can send you offers and updates so you don't miss cool happenings.
3) Google My Business Posts: All businesses can publish events, products, and services directly to Google Search and Maps. Posts can be text, video, or photos and when people see your business listing on Google, they can see the post as well. Continue to refresh your posts once every two weeks
4) Reviews in Search Results: Google bring in the review data from your website or other review sites like Houzz, Yelp, Foursquare etc
5) Twitter Results in Google Search: If you have built your website with structured data/schema and have associated your social properties with your website, it is easy for Google to associate the business social profiles to your Google search results. Your latest 3 tweets appear directly in the Google search results for your business.
6) Google Bulletin: This is a new community news site from Google that is till in beta. you can create posts about local happenings and news and publish them without the need to have a blog