LinkedIn - Some interesting Facts
- LinkedIn users average around 60 connections
( San Francisco-based executive headhunter Ron Bates has the most LinkedIn connections with 33,540 direct contacts)
- The average number of LinkedIn connections for people who work at Google is forty-seven( Source link below)
- Average user of LinkedIn probably belongs to at least 3 to 4 groups that are meaningful to their professional life.
- The average LinkedIn user is 39 and makes $139,000 a year.
- 89,000 are chief executive officers, and nearly half a million others occupy another job in the C-suite
Links to sources:
A Valleywag post has the stat that in October Linkedin grew 189% vs. Facebook 125% .
Alarm:Clock post talks about the stats from Hitwise
Visits to LinkedIN are up 323% year-over-year, its still mostly used by early tech adopters.
Hitwise points to the prevalence of GMail users to show that LinkedIn is still primarily used by early adopters. Though Yahoo Mail is used in the US 10x more than GMail, Yahoo Mail users outnumber GMail users in LinkedIn by just 3-1.
Clay Newton took this a little further and posted interesting facts comparing a few sites like LinkedIn .